October - getting ready for the 27th

Special Open Studios- My Artist Collective turns 40

This fall we are doing some reflection around our building. It has been good to get our story out and into the Art Span Catalog as a full page spread. I feel that there is a lot of value in doing Open Studios and making our building accessible to the public.

Although I find it challenging to get it together; get some new work ready- at least to the point where you can feel good about presenting it, clean the studio, organize the work and get the word out. It is a kind of purge that is healthy for the space I work in.

This time around, I have very aware of cycles. With the anniversary being celebrated in conjunction with the usual Open Studios, we have the chance to put up memorabilia and a time line in the lobby. As we are pulling things out of the archives, I am also pulling my older paintings from the racks and revisiting them as some can use updating. It has provided a wealth of ideas to build from.
Letting the past come through and inform the present.
 

Comments

Popular Posts