"Autoboatography" in process

Leo becoming a Spirit Boatist
Almost done with 4 decades showing here
Working with dramatic light, Leo and I are busy in the studio hanging my 65 boats as the installation
"Autoboat
ography".
This will be a large installation-  14' wide x 7' tall featured in the China Brotsky Gallery as part of my Shaman Show.



10 boats are hung in a row to represent a decade of my life.
They are very lightweight and seem to float in the air but are in reality, hung with fishing line and secured with little lead balls that are called shot weights and have taken a long time to affix. For many years, I have wanted to see a large grouping of small white boats in some arrangement. I was not sure how this would develop. But when I was asked to show my work in conjunction with Connie Grauds' non-profit, the Living Shaman Museum, the whole idea jelled for me as a chance to tell a story.

Comments

Popular Posts