Open Studios

One of my goals this Open Studios was to start working with my Spirit Boat Timeline that includes the past, present and future.  The way it worked out was that my ancient boats became three dimensional wall drawings you can see on the left. The present is represented by a re-configured autoboatography in white with one boat for every year of my life and the future boats are done on my iPad and printed on paper - concept sketches mounted on a grey banner. In preparation for my coming exhibit at the Memory and Aging Center of UCSF Mission Bay, I began gathering the art that will fall into those categories. The idea is expand the context of my current work that is bookended  between what went before me in time, for example, as early humans and shamans used boats in their work and rituals with what is to follow as Spirit Boats become space ships.

Comments

Popular Posts