Ocober 2010




In October I fulfilled a dream by painting a mural as a backdrop for my boat sculptures making a “Spirit Boat Marina” for my Open Studio Installation. The mural was painted in one day since I had very little time to prepare for the event and the added elements of draped fabric and a cardboard ramp for the sculptural boats helped bring dimension. This work will travel with me to the deYoung Museum in January for my month long residency there. This installation will represent the element of water and the direction of west.

I was hoping to have some kids stop by the studio to watch their reactions. The hanging boats, that I see as totems, tend to look like suspended toys being small and simple. Their slight movements draw attention and give the feeling of air.

Rewarded by two young visitors, the studio became enchanted.

Comments

Popular Posts