Reinventing myself


After the deYoung show "Spirit Boat Directions- Totems for Personal Journeys", I have a challenge to keep the work fresh, dynamic and interactive. The idea of a circle came to me so I am using that for the Mission Artists United Spring Open Studios.
It gave structure and a chance to layer the boats in a central location in the studio. It also helps me look at my work differently and have the boats make new connections between themselves.
Once again, I had to let go of expectations and stay true to the idea of suspending the boats in the center but how that actually worked out was better than I first thought.
One key for me is to feel a flow of work and to find things happening easily. That means not forcing things where they don't want to go or don't belong.
The studio had to be ready way ahead of time since the Chronicle was over taking pictures and I wanted to feature the latest installation to give people a preview.

Comments

Popular Posts