Open Studios Oct 1 & 2


This annual fall event has served to give me challenges and motivation to create new work.

Here I am drawing in the air- using twine and shopping bag handles that I open up and stain with coffee and stiffen with gel medium - to make a long spirit boat that now has a "Paper Moon" behind it to complete the installation.

As I was working on new paintings and mixed media drawings, I was experimenting with great freedom. Letting go of the expectations, I could work with the elements of fire, movement, evoke new landscapes that the boats could live in. The last two months have been very fruitful in the studio- especially satisfying since I spent most of the summer teaching kids art.
Maybe some of that uninhibited energy rubbed off on me because I did approach the work in a fresh way.
Opening the studio doors on Sat and Sunday- 11 am - 6 pm, here at 540 Alabama Street will mean that I am ready to share ideas and the work with the public. It is a valuable part of a cycle of doing the work and letting go to see where it can travel.

Comments

Popular Posts