Power of the Throat Chakra

Bringing my boats and voice to a worthy event
On October 10th I spoke about "Finding Courage with a Spirit Boat" at the Take Back the Night- Healing Arts Festival for a Veteran's Lions Club Program. It gave me a chance to stretch my vocal cords and my old Toastmaster's skills, accessing my throat chakra energy to bring the audience a message of hope.  It was a wonderfully stimulating environment with about 45 people who came to experience dynamic group energy and ritual to offset the violence that diminishes us all.
Thanks to my dear friend, Latonia Dixon, the District Commander of Team AMVETS, and the Chapter President of the SF Veteran's Lions Club, I not only got to speak but was able to also bring my boat making workshop as a part of the Arts Festival.  Leo was there as my trusty partner, photographer and boat maker. We both learned so much about this international non-profit organization http://takebackthenight.org/
 Latonia has been holding this SF festival for a few years now and has been healing through her own art making processes. The line up for this program was awesome and the stories, poems, music and ceremony that ignited the evening were truly memorable.
Latonia Dixon organized the Take Back the Night Festival 

Keynote speaker, Patricia Jackson-Kelley as a Spirit Boatist


Comments

Popular Posts