The gift of teachers



Tereza Iñiguez Flores visits my exhibition Feb 2014
Woven within the methods that I use to hold sacred space and help people release their innate creative and restorative powers in my monthly Spirit Boat Making Workshops are the foundational teachings of my spiritual teachers, Tereza Iñiguez-Flores and Angeles Arrien. I carry them in my heart and awareness as I listen to my inner knowing that has been sharpened by my time with them.
Tereza, or as she is known on line TierraMorena.net is a curandera, or healer/teacher in the Mexican Tradition. She was the person who gave me my most valuable gift of recent years that made it possible to find my way to work with Spirit Boats. Tereza introduced me to the world of healing over 12 years ago when she led me on my inaugural journey where my first Spirit Boat came to me. By going deep into my self, a whole universe of potential flooded in and I have been riding the currents ever since. And many other Spirit Boats have come to me in journeys and dreams.
I continue to develop my own practices within her monthly study group and bi-monthly drumming circles where I find my heart speaking louder than my head. Most of my life before working with Tereza was lived without taking the time to listen and feel what my heart was saying. When my heart connects to my brain and my body, things flow easier and I can save time without going so far off track.
Angeles is gone now but never forgotten. Her major work and book, the Four Fold Way, helps me find balance between the four paths I walk as a teacher, healer, warrior and visionary. One of my greatest treasures is the notes I took in her retreats where I also picked up the ritual of asking key questions at the end of each day.
In both of these learning circles, a big message kept coming up. Your intention is everything because it guides your actions. The intention needs your full attention to set the most optimum path. It is a way to become your own best teacher.
Angeles Arrien and me at Stillheart in Aug 2013

Comments

Popular Posts