Preparation Time

Courtesy of Mission Local Archives
This Saturday and Sunday at 540 Alabama in SF, visitors can hang out in my sketching corner while imaging taking a journey in all kinds of Spirit Boats.
An outcome of being interviewed for an recent article in SF Magazine was a plug for our Open Studios and I am hopeful that this will generate some new interest in our building and my studio.
http://www.modernluxury.com/san-francisco/story/the-totally-far-out-true-history-of-the-last-hippie-art-lofts
This story gives a very unique perspective on the historical significance of being a part of a living collective. Also an article in Mission Local from 2012 described our Artist Cooperative quite nicely and I found this photo from their archives.
http://missionlocal.org/2012/10/developing-environments-celebrates-40-years/ 
Looking back over the years of hanging art for this event and in light of all the evictions happening around me, I am very grateful to still be here to open my doors to show work and share stories.

Comments

Popular Posts