CAPTURING SPIRIT- Collaborating with Leo Germano

 Invite for Reception on July 22
Think Round Fine Arts Gallery is really two galleries at one location. We each have a very distinctive environment to show in.  One is an art studio where my work is hung and the second, a living space that holds Leo's photographs. http://www.thinkround.org/index/#/our-artists/
Our art exhibit runs from July 3- August 30. 
The reception is on July 22, a Friday evening, from 5:30-8:00 p.m. with Leo and I each telling our own story. In my artist talk I will include a description of  how I use dry-point and various tools on a copper plate as I develop an image.

It was a challenge to blend our intentions and images into one poster for this show.  But Leo has once again made digital magic. The title relates to how we both capture the spirit of what calls to us; Leo in the material world of ships and architecture and I, as I work with the unseen.
https://www.facebook.com/leo.germano1?fref=ts

Entry wall to gallery with painting, ladder and poster.


My new work explores the Spirit Boat in relationship to ladders, fire and ice. For me, the ladder gives one a choice to go up, down or even across and is another very compelling symbol of movement.
Inspired by Robert Frost's poem "Fire and Ice" I consider how he ponders the end of our world.
http://www.sparknotes.com/poetry/frost/section9.rhtml
In these new works, created in the last three months, I am on a journey to explore the elements of fire and water but there is plenty of space for air and earth too. They give me a lot of strength and a new color palette.




At the left, three paintings on canvas from my new "Crying Ice" series and on the right, four paintings of Fire Spirits on board. Both are created within a square that contributes its own dynamic qualities.
Four sections of Leo Germano's Photography 

Leo's Rock Landscapes in the exhibit


Comments

Popular Posts