First week @ the deYoung




The magic is happening. The front window of the Kimball Gallery is now full of spirit boats and wishes tied onto copper wire. Once the boats were hung, I thought it could use other people's energy so I now invite visitors to tie wishes as a growing part of the installation.

The week flew by. It was hard work but most rewarding. Installed on Tuesday with a crew of 5 helpers. Leo took this first photo with our car loaded with paintings. Suzanne's truck was loaded with the sculptures so we did not have to make two trips. This is before the adventure unfolded inside the Kimball Gallery ( the long window you see in the center) of the de Young Museum where I am working and interacting all of January from Wednesdays- Sundays.

Comments

  1. Jennifer I"m so excited to have found this project with a google search! I have been doing spirit boats with my fifth graders (I teach art in MD) for several years now, presenting the problem with their clay unit. I frame the problem in terms of their "journey to middle school" and often get some interesting results - I'm so glad to have this to show them further examples.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts