Half way through my residency at the de Young



Last Sunday marked the half way point which feels way too fast. It took months to get it ready and now I'm thinking about how to best pack up my work for the ride home and where to put the art.
That will be another story.....
It has been a blast to be in the Kimball Gallery at the de Young, working on the opposite side of the gallery, where I usually am found with school groups or family programs.
I love the change in perspective and have met so many great people.
Being surrounded by my work which looks so good on the dark brown walls of the gallery is something I cannot top. My work may never be seen like this again as an exhibition art, so I am drinking up all that I can and trying to learn from what this is all telling me.
I am thinking of possibly painting a wall in my own studio brown so some of this can continue.....
Well maybe....

Comments

Popular Posts