Open Studios April 16 & 17th

On April 16th from 6-9pm @ our studio - 540 Alabama in the Mission and in conjunction with our artist collective's first art auction that will include chocolate tasting, a performance by Pamela Z, I took on the extra task of hosting an art/boat making table where guests can make and take home their own totem boat. It feels natural to do this since I do this often at the museums and always enjoy seeing other people creating with an open ended project.
Hope to see some friends and make new ones.


It is time to join the other Mission Artists United participants and open the doors for visitors. Time to clear out the excess, take a break from making more boats and work on the presentation.

What usually happens is that as I have to stop- all these new ideas, and desires come in and inspires me in new directions. For example- I want to try doing more castings off of the baskets to make larger Spirit Boats. I am hoping that they can become more transparent and look lighter in the process. The older work encourages the new.


Comments

  1. I just read about your open studio. Sorry I missed it!
    And congrats on the DeYoung show.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts