Open Studios Reflections

April 20 & 21- time to open the doors to potential. This Open Studios was the debut of my hand colored etchings shown on my coffee stained wall. I took this photo of young Jones finding his favorite boat from the 16 that were displayed along with 4 lithographs.



And finally my spirit boats are hanging all around the studio in a completed rectangle. With a grid up on my ceiling, it gives me flexibility for installations and storage for my twig collection. Running out of room on the floor and walls, I have made the ceiling a major part of my display.


The conversations were lively and I got a chance to see my art in a fresh way and through other's eyes. I was telling a few people that I had tried to finish a few new paintings in time for this show but they did not work out. So I brought out some older work and mingled that with later work to see how I felt about the shifts I had been through over the years. It made the show more interesting for me.


What is rewarding for me is to work in many directions and see how the paths either come together or diverge. This time, I was able to connect the dots between the hanging installations and the work on the walls. What would I do with a really large space? Hummmm... nice to dream.



Comments

Popular Posts