Blue Bottle Score

PLASTIC BOTTLES are a resource for me. While they are so readily available, I have a desire to use them in my art.
I collect them regularly from my building's blue recycling bins and they become Spirit Boats. Tonight there were 19 waiting for me. This is a good score. Looks like one of my neighbors had a party. 5 of these still contained water in various amounts. A few were nearly full.
It was remarkable to find that all were Crystal Geyser-18 fl. oz. water in various flavors. This size and brand seem to be the most popular type of bottled water in our building.  There are many other kinds of bottles I like to use. Almost any lightweight plastic bottle is fair game if I can cut it easily with a utility knife.

These particular bottles will be transformed into boats for an installation I am working on titled "Autobiography". One boat will represent one year of my life. Since one bottle becomes one boat, then one bottle equals one year. So tonight I have found 19 years for my project. And this is from only ONE night's collecting. The total of bottles I have collected this week has been over 40. It won't take long to make my goal.
19 bottles from 10/22- ready for boat making

Comments

Popular Posts