What we cast

What the sun's rays can show
In the mornings, I go up to greet the day with a chant and an honoring ritual to the four directions that helps me ground and enjoy the little path of nature called our roof garden. The first thing I see as I ascend the stairs is the light of the sky framed by the rectanglar doorway. If I awake earlier, the sun is lower in the sky so that it casts longer shadows.
When I saw my shadow self projected so tall on my stairs, it made me pause. This was a physical manifestation of what Angeles Arrien shared with us everyday during our Four Fold Way retreat as we all chanted an African phrase, "We are in our long tall bodies with deep roots". It is so simple but so effective. This was one of our most repeated sayings and was magical to bring back to incorporate into my own practice, making me feel much taller and more powerful. We are the bridge between the universe and our earth. This awareness walks with me throughout my day. Our shadows are created by the light and can enlighten us as we go.  What other kinds of things are also cast by me as I travel my path?

Comments

Popular Posts