Feeling the Way of a Spirit Board

In getting ready for my June Spirit Making workshop and choosing a new feature photo,  it was time to go outside of my usual imagery bank. Time to show a different kind of approach to how to get close to the water with some vehicle that would convey a certain feeling.  Something that would say so much in a most simple of ways.  It was time to go back into the photo files and find something that engendered that kind of emotion. What did I have that conveyed the most elemental of floating devices?
Last summer, while in South Lake Tahoe, I had the chance to try out a paddle board for the first time with the encouragement of our cousins. The physical support was minimal but the unseen support was my faith in my balance. Letting the water take me along was an experience in trust and confidence building. It was like being on a Spirit Board where I was open to the elements and yet protected by my inner guidance system. I felt my way along as I was acutely aware of every little motion and things that could result in a dip in the water.  I was in the now- that very moment - and that moment was fantastically freeing. Leo snapped a photo of me on my way along a quiet canal and I have this memory of celebrating the lightness you feel when you are in the process of becoming a paddle boarder.


Comments

Popular Posts