Looking to the Future

"Cosmo" my little Futuristic Spirit Boat
Drawing on my iPad gives me a way to work very quickly and fluidly. I use my finger rather than a stylus to draw with because I do not have to keep track of a stylus that I tend to loose. It is wonderful to be able to dial in my tools and change my color palette with the swish of a finger. It is a very different approach to drawing that I practice on occasion.
Wanting to explore new realms, I did a series of very fast digital sketches to play around with the idea of the Spirit Boats of the Future. You can get a very deep sense of space by using glazes, transparencies and glows.
And by using layers and duplications, you can shift things around with ease.
The program I have grown very fond of is "Brushes" the same one that David Hockney demonstrated so exuberantly at his deYoung Exhibition earlier this year.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/28/david-hockney-ipad_n_4167670.html
In 2010, my artist neighbor, Hugh Buck began posting his iPad drawings on his blog http://allovercoffeebreath.blogspot.com/. I am grateful to him for the lessons he gave me that began my journey into this brave new world.

Comments

Popular Posts