New Year- New Work

First 2015 painting- "Dream Space"
Welcome 2015.  And welcome new energy. With a new exhibit to mount next weekend, I want to have new work to show at the Center for Memory and Aging (the MAC) at UCSF in Mission Bay so my studio time is now very intense.
 I will be the featured artist for the next 6 months and this show, "Spirit Boat Timeline"is a dream come true. For years, I  have wanted to organize the boats around the concept of the Past, Present and Future and compare what happens when this kind of theme is woven into my two dimensional work.
The office of the MAC has three long walls that is what they offer as their gallery space. One wall will hold my painting with a pre-historical flavor from the time when man drew his boats on cave walls and developed his spiritual self. Turning the corner, on the main wall, I will hang both paintings and sculptures of Spirit Boats that do not have a clear distinction of a time frame. The third wall is for my future Spirit Space Ships, drawings that I did on my iPad with the program brushes. Now that most of the art is ready to pack up, I am writing about how a time line has expanded my own perspective of my work so I can share it with a new audience.

Comments

Popular Posts