UCSF Gallery 190 @ the Memory and Aging Center - Mission Bay Campus

My "Spirit Boat Timeline" is installed until mid-June at  Gallery 190 -Mission Bay Campus of UCSF. http://www.memory.ucsf.edu/ourcenter/gallery190  Leo and I took 2 days to hang 22 paintings and 12 sculptures on three walls that I labeled as Past, Present and Future. This gave me a chance to group work into these categories- each holding a different flavor of boats. The main wall, shown here, is about my work in the present with more to be found if you turn the corners where some work has a more ancient feeling and the future is about iPad drawings of Spirit Space Ships.
We had a nice reception on February 26th for friends and the doctors who work in this office, leaders in the field of the research and practice at the Memory and Aging Center. The way I found Gallery 190 is through my work with the Memory Arts Cafe program @ the Contemporary Jewish Museum, designed for Alzheimer's patients and care partners to come to enjoy time together around engaging with art work.http://cjmvoices.blogspot.com/2014/04/art-and-alzheimers-access-programs-at.html








Comments

Popular Posts