Getting Inspired by Big Life

Carl Harvey Hosting the Big Life
Over the past few years, I have been listening to some very excellent presentations via Mind Valley's https://www.facebook.com/mindvalleyacademy/?fref=ts    segment hosted by Carl Harvey called the "Big Life". https://www.facebook.com/TheBigLifeWithCarlHarvey/?fref=ts
Often I will sketch Carl as he introduces and questions his guests, fascinated by his changing expressions. It is even better to work this way than if I had the fortune of having him sit for me because I notice more and the screen gives a flatness that is easier to translate into a likeness. And as I tell my drawing students, when you draw, you remember better so the content he offers is planted in me more effectively. The combo of taking long hand notes and the sketches give my brain a boost.
Carl Harvey & Notes Feb 2016

Carl Harvey January 2016
Sketching from life is a life long habit of mine. My father, who I dedicate my work to via my Spirit Boats, introduced me at age 7 to an artist who would draw chess players with an ink pen on a napkin at the North Avenue Beach Pavilion in Chicago. Jules Stein was my first drawing teacher and my father was so proud when Jules complemented me on my progress.

Comments

Popular Posts