Mixing it up for Open Studios

Sisters posing with Book of Boats
Every time I face an Open Studios I stop to consider how I can change up my installations and bring in a new perspective. This time a selection of boats were configured as triangle in front of two large canvases that looked rather like a huge book once I was done with the hanging. This is appropriate since the boats are telling a story. Hum.... maybe I can enlarge on this theme for next time.
When the boats shift positions and are rearranged in front of a new background space, they take on new relationships. One thing leads to another and in working with space, there is a lot of room for play.  In my building, there are pipe configurations that give me some ready made limits as I could use as those exisiting points for  hanging fabric. This time around, I used a location outside of my studio that  gave visitors a quiet corner for contemplation of a journey.
Briget contemplating the Book of Boats

Comments

Popular Posts