Materials laid out for the taking in March Workshop
Years ago,  I had the great fortune to take 2 workshops from Kaleo and Elise Ching, http://kaleoching.com/ who had the richest assortment of materials I had ever seen arranged in a wondrous order, like a candy store of art supplies. It blew my mind as to how much thought had gone into every bit of this display. For example, each spice was carefully labeled with its properties so you could learn as you made your own choices. They are my role models for how to invite people into the magical process of art making and design. Kaleo and Elise teach a powerful method of making a mask that involves the mind, body movement and spirit.  As they say on their website, "This inner alchemical process entices one to enter into the subconscious realm of the body through Chi Kung and hypnotherapy/guided imagery, then to express its deep wisdom through creative art forms. The process promotes self awareness, empowerment, and the transformation of self and community."
They use a very internal process that involves one's inner state and they have many years of experience in bringing out the best in their students. I admire their work and how they have helped so many people in challenging situations find deeper meaning in their lives.
As I lay out my own materials for my workshops, I make choices as to what is important to the journey that we will take together every second Sunday of the month. This ritual is one I take seriously and it is a joy to see how each person selects what is the most expressive thing for themselves. And I like to say that the materials will call to you and you will be able to feel your way with your intuition as your guide.

Comments

Popular Posts