Happy Holidays via Christmas Backdrops for Store Windows

Studio shot of 3 backdrops for Nordstrom Stores in 1991
Happy Holidays with a look back to the beginning chapter - how I became a backdrop painter and muralist.  In 1988 I quit the world of black and white technical illustration for engineering companies and entered the realm of colorful murals and backdrops. The first backdrops were commissioned by Neiman Marcus in 1989 and by 1990, I was also painting for Nordstroms. In 1991, I did a total of 25 Neiman Marcus and Nordstorm's Christmas windows that were used in San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Palo Alto, Los Angeles and Westwood.  My painting muscles were exercised to the max. It was fun but also exhausting. I was living the life I had dreamed of as a large scale painter. The income this produced was a validation of my inner wisdom to go out on my own and start a business, Ewing and Germano that continues to this day.
In becoming an entrepreneur, I was able to see my path opening so that in 2005, when I re-invented myself as a Spirit Boatist, I was able to step into this new role with ease. My inner wisdom helped me break away from the old worries around about my source of income. The shift has been to focus on how can I serve others in my art.
This is the best Christmas gift I can give myself.


Comments

Popular Posts