The Shaman Show Draws Near

The time is fast approaching until I install my 120 Spirit Boats in the China Brotsky Gallery (run by the Tides Foundation) in the SF Presidio. It is a beautiful space in a historic building that will soon hold my paintings, sculpture and installations until the show closes March 31.

I am lucky to have been invited by Connie Grauds, RPh, MNPA, is President of the Association of Natural Medicine Pharmacists and the visionary founder of the new Living Shaman Museum, to be the inaugural artist to help her bring awareness to the power and relevance of Shamanism in the world today.

The GALA OPENING is February 13th  and we are very excited


It is wonderful to have such an articulate, spirited, experienced and sweet collaborator to work with. She is also author of two books, The Energy Prescription, which gives prescriptives for the age-old complaint of fatigue; and Jungle Medicine-from medicine to magic, which recounts her 20-year apprenticeship in Amazonian shamanism.

This opportunity has me thinking more about my intention when I work and how this can relate to real life healing. I do not at this point in my life consider myself a shaman  but I share some Shamanistic methods of using drumming journeys to find guides that help me in my life. 
And I want to help people release the stuff that stops them from moving ahead through the act of creating something as small as one sculptural boat that they can do in my workshops.

I think I have written up my statement about 20 times, shifting a word or phrase here or there to created the flow of the words that echo the flow I want in the exhibition.
http://www.livingshamanmuseum.org/grand-opening/


Comments

Popular Posts