Transforming Twigs

9:30 pm - Work in Progress- Twig Spirit Boat - Jan 25th
On January 25th, I was working at the deYoung and excited because I might be in time to take advantage of a yearly tree topping the gardener's do in the concourse. I stepped outside to a warm sunny afternoon and found a few piles of cut sticks they left on the ground. This is the 5th or 6th year that I have done this ritual of gathering this beautiful and free wooden resource. It is a lot of fun to go out into the park and select the nicest ones for my sculptures. If people ask me, I tell them I am a sculptor and the sticks become Spirit Boats. This time I had my post card ready as proof.

With the bike being my transport, I had to do some serious bundling and tying down. The baskets have come in very handy for many things over the 25 yrs I have had this bike but nothing has been this tall. Some of these twigs are over 6'. My bike ride home was an unusual one with careful attention to the people and cars I had to navigate through the Panhandle, the wiggle and the Mission.

But once I got home, I was so excited by my successful haul that I went right to work and made a piece that nearly reached completion in one evening.
To see the completed work, check my on-line portfolio soon or come to my Shaman Show before it closes March 31st.
3:30 pm - Twigs leaving Golden Gate Park
4:05 pm - Home safe with not one twig lost



Comments

Popular Posts