Hardin Studio Exhibit-- Reception- July 26th 5-8pm

Completed installation of-"Spirit Boats Ascending" @ Hardin Studios
When an artist mounts a new show, there is the chance to refresh a theme, and look at my art in a new space, on new walls, with different ceiling heights, and lighting that helps me assess my work in a different way. Hardin Studios - at 2140 Bush Street has a nice spacious feeling. Learning from the other artists who have exhibited here before me, Marc Ellen Hamel, Pernilla Persson, Elaine Michaud, Rebecca Haseltine, and Josepha Vaughan,  I saw how to hang my work to the best effect. Leo Germano documented these previous shows. His photographic eye and choice of lens has helped me see what is possible- saving me time and energy.And I feel my fellow artists help warm up this space with wonderful energy.
http://www.thinkround.org/our-artists/

I am honored to have this opportunity to show here and supercharge my reception with poetry. My poet friends, Al Averbach, Stephan Kopel, Jane Rades and Nancy Wakeman will be reading their original work weaving their words into the reception experience. The boats will hold the space for all who attend. This will be the 4th time that Al Averbach has read his poems at my art receptions and I love this historic collaboration. These four poets were additive to my residency at the deYoung Museum giving my exhibit "Spirit Boat Directions" a lively auditory sensability.

In 2002, I was part of a well conceived mural project by Heidi Harden of Think Round.org. I have Suzanne Couture, a fellow teaching artist to thank for inviting me to help teach at two Hunter's Point elementary schools where Mauricia Gandara, Pernialla Persson, Suzanne and I brought paint, paper, canvas and guidence to kids who produced huge murals with environmental themes, directly related to the BayView area history.  Heidi invited to show my work at her studio and be associated with other artists involved with Think Round.org.





Comments

  1. Hardin Studios Show Reception Sat July 26th- sneak preview

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts