"Ascending" Show at Hardin Studios

SOLO SHOW at Hardin Studios
http://www.thinkround.org/our-artists/ where I have new prints, paintings and sculpture with the theme of "Ascending". Ladders have become a part of what is in the background for the boats and sometimes they even move to the foreground. The metaphor of the ladder is exciting to me in that it means movement and is a bridge between worlds - very similar to the Spirit Boats.
For the reception, I have invited my favorite local poets, Al Averbach, Stephen Kopel, Jane Rades, and Nancy Wakeman to join me in weaving their voices with the art in a studio space that holds good energy.
July 26th from 5:00 -8:00 and poets reading from 6:15-7:00, we will be celebrating rising spirits in good form at 2140 Bush St between Fillmore and Webster.
This show has given me the incentive to pull together a new piece. These ladders have been in process for a long time and now they are finished with the addition of 3 little boats that were made from de-constructed baskets.
Spirit Boats Ascending, wood, paper, twine



Comments

Popular Posts