Tribute Portrait- Dr. Richard Hayes

Ceramic Portrait by J. E. of Dr. Hayes - 2001
In 2001, as tribute to his doctor, my father Paul asked me to do a portrait sculpture of Dr. Richard Hayes. My father was so happy when I would do a sketch, drawing or even a painting of his favorite people that he could gift as a token of his appreciation. My father made friends easily so I was on constant alert for extra work but it was also a lot of fun to give back a sign of appreciation for all the support my dad had given me throughout my life

Part of the reason my father lived to a ripe 86 years can be credited to his doctor.  If everyone had the kind of relationship my father had with his primary care giver, we would all be healthier and lead happier lives.When Paul was employed for a short time as a security guard for a doctor's office building in Chicago, IL, he made friends by teasing the tenants. He developed a special rapport with this certain doctor, and being savvy, worked his way onto Dr. Hayes' roster of patients. My sister and I feel this kind hearted doctor helped instill confidence in Paul by engaging his spirit and giving the best of care in the last years of Paul's life. 

Comments

Popular Posts